Indiana Lacrosse Officials Association – Members’ Code of Conduct
As members of ILOA, officials are important contributors in shepherding the development of lacrosse in the state of Indiana. As a result, member officials must conduct themselves at the highest levels of personal integrity and responsibility. The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to establish guidelines for the ethical standards of conduct for the member officials of ILOA.
- Member officials shall master both the mechanics and rules of lacrosse and conduct assigned games in a competent and impartial manner.
- Member officials shall interact with each other and ILOA in a constructive and cooperative manner.
- Member officials shall always act in such a manner that they uphold the honor and dignity of the profession in all interactions with players, coaches, school and organizational officials, colleagues, and the general public.
- Member officials shall prepare themselves mentally and physically, shall dress neatly and appropriately, and shall comport themselves in a manner consistent with the high standards of the profession.
- Member officials shall be punctual and professional in the fulfillment of all contractual obligations.
- Member officials shall remain mindful of the influence that their actions as officials have on the image of the profession held by participants, coaches, and the general public.
- Member officials shall, while enforcing the rules of play, remain aware of the inherent risk of injury that the sport of lacrosse poses for participants. Where appropriate, they shall inform event management of conditions or situations that appear unreasonably hazardous.
- Member officials shall take reasonable steps to educate themselves in the recognition of emergency conditions that might arise during the course of competition.
- Member officials shall maintain an ethical approach while participating in forums, chat rooms, and all forms of social media.
- Member officials may join other recognized lacrosse officials associations. However, in order to maintain the integrity and protections of U.S. Lacrosse and ILOA certification and membership, member officials are precluded from officiating independent lacrosse events which are not assigned or authorized by the ILOA or another recognized lacrosse officials association.